BY HIS WORD SEMINAR
presented by Letitia (Tish) and Charles Clever
1. -- HE LIVES -- 251
1) I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today; I know that He is living, what ever men may say; I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer, And just the time I need Him He's always near...
Chorus: He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me, along life's narrow way. He lives, He lives, salvation to impart! You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.
2) In all the world around me I see His loving care, And tho' my heart grows weary, I never will despair; I know that He is leading thru all the stormy blast, the day of His appearing will come at last...
3. Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, lift up your voice and sing: Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King! The hope of all who seek Him, the help of all who find, None other is so loving, so good and kind...
2 -- SHOWERS OF BLESSING -- 195
1) "There shall be showers of blessings; This is the promise of love; There shall be seasons refreshing, Sent from the Savior above.
Refrain: Showers of blessing, showers of blessings we need; Mercy drops round us are falling, But for the showers we plead.
2) "There shall be showers of blessing--" Precious reviving again; Over the hills and the valleys, Sound of abundance of rain...
3) "There shall be showers of blessing;" Send them upon us, O Lord; Grant to us now a refreshing; Come, and now honor Thy word...
4) "There shall
be showers of blessings;" O that today they might fall, Now as to God we're
confessing, Now as on Jesus we call!...
3 -- TRUST AND OBEY -- 590
4--AMAZING GRACE -- 108
1) Amazing grace! How sweet the sound, That saved
a wretch like me! I once was lost, but now am found, Was blind but now
2) 'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved; How precious did that grace appear, The hour
I first believed.
3) Through many dangers, toils, and snares, I
have already come; 'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far, And grace
will lead me home.
4) When we've been there ten thousand years, Bright shining as the sun, We've no less days to sing God's praise, Than when we'd first begun.
5 -- POWER IN THE BLOOD -- 294
1) Would you be free from the burden of sin? There's pow'r in the blood, pow'r in the blood; Would you o'er evil a victory win? There's wonderful pow'r in the blood...
Refrain: There is pow'r, pow'r, wonder working pow'r In the blood, of the Lamb; There is pow'r, pow'r, wonder working pow'r, In the precious blood of the Lamb.
2) Would you be free from your passion and pride? There's pow'r in the blood, Pow'r in the blood; Come for a cleansing to Calvary's tide? There's wonderful pow'r in the blood...
3) Would you do service for Jesus your King?
There's pow'r in the blood, pow'r in the blood; Would you live daily His
praises to sing? There's wonderful pow'r in the blood...
1) We have heard a joyful
sound, Jesus saves, Jesus saves; Spread the gladness all around, Jesus
saves, Jesus saves; Bear the news to every land, Climb the steeps and cross
the waves, Onward, 'tis our Lord's command, Jesus saves, Jesus saves.
2) Waft it on the rolling tide, Jesus saves, Jesus saves, Tell to sinners, far and wide, Jesus saves, Jesus saves. Sing ye islands of the sea, echo back ye ocean caves, Earth shall keep her jubilee, Jesus saves, Jesus saves.
3) Sing above the battle's strife, Jesus saves, Jesus saves; By His death and endless life, Jesus saves, Jesus saves; Sing it softly through the gloom, When the heart for mercy craves, Sing in triumph o'er the tomb, Jesus saves, Jesus saves.
4) Give the winds a mighty voice, Jesus saves, Jesus saves; Let the nations now rejoice, Jesus saves, Jesus saves; Shout salvation full and free, Highest hills and deepest caves, This our song of victory, Jesus saves, Jesus saves.
7 -- Leaning on the Everlasting Arms -- 469
1) What a fellowship, what a joy divine, Leaning on the everlasting arms; What a blessedness, what a peace is mine, Leaning on the everlasting arms.
Refrain: Leaning, leaning, Safe and secure from all alarms; Leaning, leaning, Leaning on the everlasting arms.
2) O how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way, Leaning on the everlasting arms; O how bright the path grows from day to day, Leaning on the everlasting arms...
3) What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms? I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms...
8 -- JESUS PAID IT ALL -- 184
1) I hear the Savior say, "Thy strength indeed is small; Child of weakness, watch and pray, Find in Me thine all in all..."
Refrain: Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe; Sin had left a crimson stain; He washed it white as snow.
2) Lord, Now indeed I find, Thy power, and Thine alone, can change the leper's spots, And melt the heart of stone.
3) Since nothing good have I, Whereby Thy grace to claim, I'll wash my garment white, In the blood of Calvary's Lamb.
4) And when before the throne I stand, in Him
complete, I'll lay my trophies down, All down at Jesus' feet.
9 -- WHEN WE ALL GET TO HEAVEN -- 633
1) Sing the wondrous love of Jesus, Sing His mercy and His grace; In the mansions bright and blessed He'll prepare for us a place.
Refrain: When we all get to heaven, What a day of rejoicing that will be! When we all see Jesus, We'll sing and shout the victory.
2) While we walk the pilgrim pathway Clouds will over spread the sky; But when traveling days are over, Not a shadow, not a sigh...
3) Let us then be true and faithful, trusting, serving every day; Just one glimpse of Him in glory, Will the toils of life repay...
4) Onward to the prize before us! Soon
His beauty we'll behold; Soon the pearly gates will open-- We shall tread
the streets of gold...
10 -- O, How I Love Jesus -- 248
1) There is a name I love to hear, I love to sing its worth; It sounds like music in my ear, The sweetest name on earth...
Refrain: O, how I love Jesus, O, how I love Jesus, O, how I love Jesus-- Because He first loved me!
2) It tells me of a Savior's love, Who died to set me free; It tells me of His precious blood, The sinner's perfect plea...
3) It tells of One whose loving heart Can feel
my deepest woe, Who in each sorrow bears a part That none can bear below.
11 -- TELL ME THE STORY OF JESUS -- 152
1) Tell me the story of Jesus, Write on my heart every word, Tell me the story most precious, Sweetest that ever was heard; Tell how the angels, in chorus, Sang as they welcomed His birth, Glory to God in the highest, Peace and good tidings to earth...
Refrain: Tell me the story of Jesus, Write on my heart every word, Tell me the story most precious, Sweetest that ever was heard.
2) Fasting, alone in the desert, Tell of the days that He passed, How for our sins He was tempted, Yet was triumphant at last; Tell of the years of His labor, Tell of the sorrow He bore, He was despised and afflicted, Homeless, rejected, and poor...
3) Tell of the cross where
they nailed Him, Writhing in anguish and pain; Tell of the grave where
they laid Him, Tell how He lived a-gain; Love in that story so tender,
Clearer than ever I see; Stay, let me weep while you whisper, Love paid
the ransom for me...
12 -- WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS -- 499
1) What a friend we have in Jesus, All our sins and griefs to bear; What a privilege to carry Everything to God in prayer! O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, All because we do not carry Everything to God in prayer.
2) Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere? We should never be discouraged; Take it to the Lord in prayer! Can we find a friend so faithful, Who will all our sorrows share? Jesus knows our every weakness; Take it to the Lord in prayer.
3) Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care? Precious Savior, still our refuge, Take it
to the Lord in prayer! Do thy friends despise, forsake thee? Take
it to the Lord in prayer! In His arms He'll take and shield thee, Thou
wilt find a solace there.
13 -- MY JESUS, I LOVE THEE -- 321
1) My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine; For Thee all the follies of sin I resign; My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou; If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.
2) I love Thee because Thou hast first loved me, And purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree; I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow; If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.
3) I'll love Thee in life, I will love Thee 'til death, And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath; And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow, If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.
4) In mansions of glory and endless
delight, I'll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright; I'll sing with the glittering
crown on my brow, If ever I needed thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.
14 -- THE OLD RUGGED CROSS -- 159
1) On a hill far away, stood an old rugged cross, The emblem of suffering and shame, And I love that old cross, where the dearest and best For a world of lost sinners was slain...
Refrain: So I'll cherish the old rugged cross, Till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross, And exchange it some day for a crown.
2) Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world, Has a wondrous attraction for me, For the dear Lamb of God, left His glory above, To bear it to dark Calvary...
3) To the old rugged cross, I will ever be true, Its shame and reproach gladly bear; Then He'll call me some day, to a home far away, Where His glory for ever I'll share...
15 -- BECAUSE HE LIVES -- 526
1) God sent His Son, they called Him Jesus, He came to love, heal, and forgive; He lived and died to buy my pardon, an empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives...
Refrain: Because He lives, I can face tomorrow, Because He lives, all fear is gone; Because I know He holds the future. And life is worth the living, just because He lives.
2) How sweet to hold a new-born baby, and feel the pride, and joy He gives; But greater still, the calm assurance, This child can face un-certain days because He lives...
16 -- TURN YOUR EYES UPON JESUS --290
1) O soul, are you weary and troubled? No light in the darkness you see? There's light for a look at the Savior, And life more abundant and free!
Refrain: Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face; And the things of earthwill grow strangely dim, In the light of His glory and grace.
2) Through death into life ever-lasting He passed, and we follow Him there; Over us sin no more hath dominion, For more than onqu'rors we are?...
3) His word shall not fail you He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well: Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!...